Join our Team!
The Trinity Jubilee Center is a multi-service, secular agency serving downtown Lewiston. The Center operates five programs: a soup kitchen, food pantry, resource center, refugee integration program, and a day shelter. The center is open six days a week and serves more than 1,000 clients each week. We currently have two job openings:
1. Interpreter, temporary:
The Center is currently hiring a temporary staff person while a long-time staff member is on leave. The primary languages needed are French, Somali, and Portuguese. Ideally we would like to hire someone fluent in two of those languages. Job responsibilities include:
- Assist clients with completing paperwork for jobs, unemployment, housing, etc.
- Interpreting for clients while they receive help with other paperwork
- Helping with office work including answering phones, scheduling appointments, and sorting mail
- Helping with food distributions, including bagging up food and signing up new clients
- Assisting in the Center’s Day Shelter, handing out toiletries and answering questions
Applicant will need to work well independently, possess strong communication and organization skills, and have patience and respect for all clients. Position hours are Monday-Wednesday 8:30-3:00 and Thursday 8:00-3:00. We may also have a Saturday 7:30-3:00 shift available if you are interested. The position begins December 1 and continues through February, while a staff member is on leave. To apply send cover letter, resume, and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
2. Soup Kitchen staff member, Saturdays:
The Center is currently hiring a staff person to work in the Soup Kitchen on Saturdays. The current person in this role is moving away and we want to find someone as awesome as her! Job responsibilities include:
- Working alongside another staff member to cook and plate the Soup Kitchen’s 100 to-go meals
- Distributing to-go meals to guests at lunchtime
- Helping to wash dishes, sweep and mop floors, and keep the kitchen and shelter clean and organized
- Helping to supervise the shelter, including distributing supplies and administering Covid-19 screening questions
- Helping with other tasks as needed, such as organizing donations and welcoming volunteer groups
This staff member will need to work well independently, possess strong communication and organization skills, and have patience and respect for all patrons. The schedule is Saturdays from 7:30-3:00. To apply send cover letter, resume, and any supporting documents to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.