Join our Team!
The Trinity Jubilee Center is a multi-service, secular agency serving downtown Lewiston. The Center operates five programs: a soup kitchen, food pantry, resource center, refugee integration program, and a day shelter. The center is open six days a week and serves more than 1,000 clients each week.
We are currently hiring for multiple positions for summer 2021!!
These positions are in our summer grocery distribution program for local families in need. These are very hands-on positions that require great customer service skills, leadership, and enthusiasm! Trinity Jubilee Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer: BIPOC, immigrants, women, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply!
1. Summer Project/Event Coordinator, Full Time
Job responsibilities include:
- Learning and managing all program rules, record-keeping, and reporting requirements and submitting monthly financial and participation reports
- Managing the planning and sourcing of all food and other supplies, including working with vendors and coordinating deliveries
- Coordinating the space, staff team, and guests before and during distributions including training, publicity, creating procedures, and determining flow and layout
- Creating and managing paperwork including sign-up materials, pick-up schedules, and appointment notices
- Working on the ground with the team during distributions including checking in families, signing up new families, and handing out food
- Working calmly, respectfully, patiently, and positively with co-workers, volunteers, and participating families
Great attention to detail and previous experience managing events or projects required. This staff member will need to work well independently and have strong communication and organization skills. This position begins immediately and ends by August 31, 2021. Full time, Monday-Friday, $25 per hour. To apply send cover letter, resume, and any supporting documents to applications at trinityjubileecenter dot org. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
2. Soup Kitchen/Food Pantry staff, full time
Job responsibilities include:
- Greeting and checking in families and giving out grocery boxes
- Receiving deliveries, unloading and putting away food, and assembling grocery boxes
- Coordinating volunteers including regular emails, scheduling, and timesheets
- Assisting in the soup kitchen as needed, including preparing food, putting food into to-go containers and lunch bags, and helping to organize menus, inventory, and supplies
This staff member will need to work well independently, be skilled at office work including sending professional emails and using spreadsheets, and be excited about working on their feet and serving the community! Full time, Monday-Friday, $19 per hour. This position begins immediately, summer grocery distributions end by August 31, and there is the option to transition to a similar full-time role at the Center at that time. Previous food experience is great but not required: our priority is finding someone who is calm, kind, professional, and reliable. To apply send cover letter, resume, and any supporting documents to applications at trinityjubileecenter dot org. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
3. Summer Food Student Intern
The Summer Food Student Intern will help fill grocery boxes with food, welcome families, sign up children, and keep everything clean, organized, and running smoothly! The job is scheduled to start June 1 and ends by August 31. The first week of work is training and we can work around your school schedule then if needed. Work schedule is Monday-Friday, about 15-20 hours per week, $18 per hour.
What are we looking for?
- Youth between the ages of 16-20
- Reliability – you must be on time! There is one day each week when we start at 7:00 AM.
- Ability to understand written instructions and complete paperwork
- Patience, a good work ethic, and enthusiasm!
- Applicants who speak both English and Somali, French, or Portuguese